About the program
The public policy professional development scholarships (PPPDS) program at Crawford School Executive Education (CSEE) presents ANU HDR students with the opportunity to attend National Executive Education courses free of charge. The aim of the program is to enhance the public policy capabilities and public service networks of ANU HDR students.
Scholarship places will be advertised in December for Session 1 intake and April for Session 2 intake. ANU HDR students who are interested in attending a course should submit a one page ‘Expression of Interest’ to firstname.lastname@example.org providing:
- The reasons why you wish to attend the course(s):
1) your current area of study and what potential linkages this has to policy
2) the professional benefits you will gain from participating in the nominated course/s
3) the ways in which you believe the scholarship will aligns with and support your future research/career goals relevant to policy.
- A preference list of two courses in the selected session which you would be available and interested in attending.
The application closing dates for 2019 are as follows:
- Session 1 (1 March to 30 June 2019): applications close 15 February 2019
- Session 2 (1 July to 30 November 2019): applications close 15 June 2019
The scholarship is for attendance at the nominated course only and any other associated expenses (travel, accommodation, parking, etc.) are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Executive Education reserves the right to cancel, interrupt or reschedule any course as necessary.
You may be asked to provide written feedback to the Manager of National Executive Education on the content and delivery of the course, or provide an interview/comments for promotional materials.
These courses are structured and delivered in an adult learning environment and you will be attending alongside fee-paying professionals from external organisations. You should engage fully in the professional development process and make the most of the opportunities for networking, skill enhancement and knowledge transfer.
You can select courses at any level, but it is recommended that you carefully consider which course level will most enrich your existing skill set.