Date & time
The thirteenth annual China Update brings together leading academics, policymakers and government representatives to discuss the latest research on the Chinese economy. Over the years, the China Update has cemented its status as Australia’s premier forum for in-depth discussion and analysis of the Chinese economy.
The 2013 China Update will include the launch of China: A New Model for Growth and Development, edited by Ross Garnaut ,Cai Fang and Ligang Song. The book is published by ANU E Press with the Chinese Social Sciences Academic Press publishing the Chinese language version.
The 2013 China Update will be opened by The Hon Richard Marles MP, Minister for Trade, who will speak about the evolving nature of Australia’s relationship with China. This year’s closing address will be given by Professor Dwight Perkins, Harold Hitchings Burbank Professor of Political Economy, Harvard University, who will speak about new institutions for a new development model.
Other eminent speakers at this year’s Update include:
- Ross Garnaut The Australian National University and The University of Melbourne
- Peter Drysdale The Australian National University
- Ligang Song The Australian National University
- Christine Wong Oxford University
- Bijun Wang Peking University
- Yiping Huang Peking University and The Australian National University
- Xiaolu Wang National Economy Research Institute, China
- Rod Tyers University of Western Australia
- Xin Meng The Australian National University
- Huw McKay Westpac
The China Update 2013 is presented by the China Economy Program, Crawford School of Public Policy, at The Australian National University, in collaboration with the Rio Tinto-ANU China Partnership.