Date & time
The Australia–Japan Research Centre and the ANU Japan Institute will once again co-host the annual Japan Update.
The theme of the Update this year is Reinventing Japan and is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of Japan’s current economic, social and political landscape, and to give an ‘update’ on Japan’s recent developments and future directions.
This year will focus on three key areas: Will Womenomics succeed?, new economic challenges, and Japan’s place in the world.
Presenters and discussants include:
- Professor Gerry Curtis, Columbia University
- Ms Naomi Koshi, Mayor of Otsu City
- Professor David Vines, Oxford University/ANU
- Mr Hideo Hayakawa, Fujitsu Research Institute, former Chief Economist and Executive Director, Bank of Japan
- Professor Nobuko Nagase, Ochanomizu University
- Mr Jason Hayes, PwC
- Mr Murray McLean, Australia-Japan Foundation
- Professor Purnendra Jain, The University of Adelaide
- Ms Kay Kitazawa, Rebuild Japan Initiative Foundation
- Professor Noboru Yamaguchi, International University of Japan, Lieutenant General (retired), Japan Ground Self Defense Force
- Professor Bruce Chapman, ANU
- Dr Amy King, ANU
- Professor Veronica Taylor, ANU
- Associate Professor Simon Avenell, Director of the ANU Japan Institute, ANU
- Dr Shiro Armstrong, Co-Director of the Australia-Japan Research Centre, ANU
- Professor Ippei Fujiwara, Co-Director of the Australia-Japan Research Centre, ANU/Keio University
The program is now available for download.
This event is supported by the Australia-Japan Foundation and the Japan Foundation.
Registration is essential.