Australia and Japan as global partners
Professor Jenny Corbettt is Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training) at ANU. She is also Reader in the Economy of Japan at the University of Oxford, a Research Fellow of the Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR, London) and a Research Associate of the Centre for Japanese Economy and Business at Columbia University.
You might also like
Related research centres
Leading experts will gather at Crawford School on Friday for a very special one-day event focused on Australia and Japan as global partners.
The symposium – Cooperation between Australia and Japan as global partners - will feature world-class expertise from academics, senior government representatives and policymakers, providing evidence-based insights and fresh thinking about the ways forward in development assistance, peace and security building, climate change and energy security, and frameworks for regional cooperation.
It will also consider the role the long partnership between Australia and Japan has to play in these important policy areas.
- Distinguished Professor Jenny Corbett, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU
- Ms Anthea Mulakala, The Asia Foundation
- H.E. Mr Vanndy Hem, Under Secretary of State, Ministry of Economy and Finance, Cambodia
- Dr Haruo Nakagawa, University of the South Pacific
- Ms Jacqui De Lacy, Abt Associates
- Professor Akiko Fukushima, Aoyama Gakuin University
- Dr Anbumozhi Venkatachalam, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia
- Dr Jennifer Hunt, National Security College, ANU
- Dr Muhamad Chatib Basri, University of Indonesia
- Dr Amy Searight, Center for Strategic and International Studies, US
- Professor Fukunari Kimura, Keio University
- Mr Toshikazu Masuyama, Former director general of Ministry of Economy , Trade and Industry, Japan
- Ms Darshana Baruah, Research Analyst, Carnegie India
- Associate Professor Llewelyn Hughes, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU
- Dr David Envall, Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs, ANU
- Dr Sue Thompson, National Security College, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU
- H.E. Mr Sumio Kusaka, Ambassador of Japan to Australia
- Professor Brian Schmidt AC FAA FRS, Vice-Chancellor, ANU
- Mr Richard Maude, Deputy Secretary, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australia
The symposium is jointly organised by the ANU Japan Institute and the Embassy of Japan in Australia. The symposium runs from 9am to 5.30pm at Weston Theatre. To register for this free event go to https://crawford.anu.edu.au/news-events/events/12008/cooperation-between...
Updated: 2 April 2023/Responsible Officer: Crawford Engagement/Page Contact: CAP Web Team