Hoang Long Chu is interested in developing applied models to support policy making and policy evaluation processes in the following areas:
- Biosecurity and disease controls: quarantine, surveillance and vaccination
- Extraction strategy and infrastructure development of water and fishery resources
- Structural reforms in developing countries
- Green agriculture, low-carbon economy and environmental issues.
Semester courses taught
- Applied Economic Dynamics (IDEC8020)
- Masters Microeconomics (IDEC8064)
- Mathematical Methods in Applied Economics (IDEC8015)
Intensive courses taught
- Quantitative Methods in Economics for Biosecurity Measures.
- Introductory Academic Program Masters Microeconomics.
- Introductory Academic Program Masters Macroeconomics.
- Introductory Academic Program Graduate Diploma Microeconomics.
- Introductory Academic Program Graduate Diploma Macroeconomics.
- Economics for Biosecurity Measures and Evaluation Methods.
- Valuing Biosecurity: An Application of Choice Modelling.
- Outstanding Contribution to Community and Comprehensive Partnership between Australian and Vietnam 2014 (Embassy of Vietnam in Australia)
- National Eureka Prize for Water Research and Innovation 2011 (Press release, [PDF,78KB])