Hoang Long Chu is interested in developing applied models to support policy-making & policy evaluation processes in the following areas:
- Biosecurity and disease controls: quarantine, surveillance & vaccination
- Extraction strategy and infrastructure development of water & fishery resources
- Structural reforms in developing countries
- Green agriculture, low-carbon economy & environmental issues.
- Payment for Environmental Services in Vietnam
- Fishery management in Africa & Middle East
- Optimal allocation of biosecurity budget in Australia
- Models for scarcity pricing of water resources in Australia
- Applied Economic Dynamics (IDEC8020): Masters/PhD
- Masters Microeconomics (IDEC8064): Masters/PhD
- Mathematical Methods in Applied Economics (IDEC8015): Masters
- Microeconomic Analysis and Policy (IDEC8016): Masters
Intensive courses (selected)
- Decision-making: Using Statistics (Department of Education, 2018)
- Applied Models for Fishery Management (Australian Awards Africa Course, 2016-2017)
- Introduction to CGE modeling for Policy Analysis (Restructure for a more competitive Vietnam project, 2015)
- Applied Econometric Models (National Agriculture and Forestry Research Institute of Laos, 2015)
- Econometrics for Policy Analysis (Institute of Policy and Strategy for Agriculture and Rural Development of Vietnam, 2015)
- Quantitative Methods in Economics for Biosecurity Measures (Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Vietnam, 2011)
- Introductory Academic Program Microeconomics and Macroeconomics: Masters and Graduate Diploma (ANU, 2006-2009).
Invited lectures (selected)
- Data analysis in R
- Applications of Neural Networks to Environmental Economics.
- CGE Modeling for Policy Impact Evaluation.
- Economics for Biosecurity Measures and Evaluation Methods.
- Valuing Biosecurity: An Application of Choice Modelling.
Graduates: Khoi Dang
- Outstanding Contribution to Community and Comprehensive Partnership between Australian and Vietnam 2014 (Embassy of Vietnam in Australia)
- Notable Mention for Teaching Excellence Award 2014 (College of Asia and the Pacific, ANU)
- National Eureka Prize for Water Research and Innovation 2011 (Press release, [PDF,78KB])
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) 2006-2009
- Helen Hughes prize for the top rank in International and Development Economics 2004 (ANU)