Professor, Resource, Environment and Development (RE&D) Program
Room: Crawford A Room 3.56
Keynotes and Major Addresses (recent)
• Lahiri-Dutt, Kuntala 2012. Plenary Lecture on ‘Mining, Nature and Society: A New Feminist Perspectives’ in 9th International Mining History Congress, 17-20 April, Johannesburg (see www.imhc.co.za).
• Lahiri-Dutt, Kuntala. 2012. Special Lecture on ‘Researching Natural Resources through a Feminist Lens’, the Institute of Indian Geographers’ conference, 11-14 December, Centre for Earth Science Studies, Trivandrum, Kerala, India.
• Lahiri-Dutt, Kuntala 2011. Plenary Lecture on ‘New Geographies of Water Resources for 21st Century India’s Development’, at the 33rd Indian Geography Congress of the National Association of Geographers India, 11-13 2011, Burdwan.
• Lahiri-Dutt, Kuntala. Keynote Address: ‘The “People” Dimension of Mining’, in the 1st International Mining Conference: Staking a Claim for Cambodia, Organised jointly by the UN and Royal Government of Cambodia, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 26-27th May, 2010.
• Lahiri-Dutt, Kuntala. Keynote Address: ‘Dancing with the River: An exploration of river, land and river islands’ Tenth International River Symposium, Perth 11-14th October, 2010. See http://www.riversymposium.com/index.php?element=W_s1_GB_Kuntala+Lahiri-D...
• Community Engagement in Mining: What India Can Do, Asia-Pacific Partnership Workshop on Mine Closure organized by DITR, 18-19th April, 2008, Kolkata, India
• Extractive Industries and Community Livelihoods, 21st April, 2008, PetroBangla, Dhaka, Bangladesh . • Gender Mainstreaming in ASM, 7th CASM ACC, Ulaan Baatar, Mongolia, 2007.
• Social and Environmental Consequences of Coal Mining in India, November, 2007, New Delhi, India.
Updated: 2 April 2023/Responsible Officer: Crawford Engagement/Page Contact: CAP Web Team