- Weiler, F., Klöck, C. and Dornan, M., 2018, Vulnerability, good governance, or donor interests? The allocation of aid for climate change adaptation. World Development, 104, April: 65-77.
- Dornan, M. and Pryke, J., 2017, Foreign Aid to the Pacific: Trends and Developments in the Twenty-First Century (open access). Asia & the Pacific Policy Studies.
- Dornan, M., 2017, How new is the ‘new’ conditionality? Recipient perspectives on aid, country ownership and policy reform (open access). Development Policy Review, 35(S1):O46:O63.
- Robinson, S. and Dornan, M., 2017, International financing for climate change adaptation in small island developing states. Regional Environmental Change, 17 (4):1103-1115. Open access.
- Dornan, M., 2016, The Political Economy of Road Management Reform: Papua New Guinea’s National Road Fund (open access). Asia & the Pacific Policy Studies, 3 (3):443-457.
- Dornan, M. and Shah, K., 2016, Energy policy, aid, and the development of renewable energy resources in Small Island Developing States. Energy Policy, 98:759-767. Open access.
- Dornan, M. and Jotzo, F., 2015, Renewable technologies and risk mitigation in small island developing states: Fiji’s electricity sector. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 48 (2015): 35-48. Open access.
- Dornan, M., 2015, Renewable Energy Development in Small Island Developing States of the Pacific (open access), Resources, 4, 490-506.
- Dornan, M., 2015, Reforms for the expansion of electricity access and rural electrification in small island developing states (open access), AIMS Energy, 3:3, 463–479.
- Dornan, M. and Brant, P., 2014, Chinese assistance in the Pacific: agency, effectiveness and the role of Pacific island governments (open access), Asia & the Pacific Policy Studies, 1 (2):349-363.
- Dornan, M. and Newton Cain, T., 2014, Regional Service Delivery among Pacific Island Countries: An Assessment (open access), Asia & the Pacific Policy Studies, 1 (3):541-560.
- Dornan M., 2014, Access to Electricity in Small Island Developing States of the Pacific: Issues and Challenges, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 31, 726-735. Open access.
- Dornan M., 2014, Reform Despite Politics? The Political Economy of Power Sector Reform in Fiji, 1996-2013, Energy Policy, 67, 703-712. Open access.
- Dornan M., 2014. Transitioning to a green economy: political economy of approaches in small states. (book review), Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 57 (4):624-627.
- Dornan, M., McGovern, K., Alejandrino-Yap, C., Austin, J., 2013, Infrastructure Maintenance in the Pacific: Challenging the Build – Neglect – Rebuild Paradigm (open access). Pacific Region Infrastructure Facility (a partnership between World Bank, Asian Development Bank, AusAID, NZ aid programme, EU, EUB).
- Dornan, M., Alejandrino-Yap, C., Austin, J. 2013, Power benchmarking in the Pacific: Assessing key influences on operational performance (open access). Pacific Economic Monitor, March 2013, Asian Development Bank.
- Dornan M. and Jotzo F., 2012, Renewable Technologies and Risk Mitigation in Small Island Developing States (SIDS): Fiji’s Electricity Sector, Development Policy Centre Discussion Paper 13, Crawford School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, Canberra. Open access.
- Dornan, M., 2011, Solar-based rural electrification policy design: The Renewable Energy Service Company (RESCO) model in Fiji, Renewable Energy, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 797-803. Open access.
- Dornan, M., 2011. Biofuels in the global south: Opportunity or disaster? (book review), Australian Review of Public Affairs, April.
- Dornan, M., 2009, Methods for assessing the contribution of renewable technologies to energy security: the electricity sector of Fiji, (open access), Pacific Economic Bulletin, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 71-91.