- Reducing Emissions from All Land Uses in Peru. RELU Peru Project report Phase 1. Velarde SJ, Ugarte-Guerra J, Rugnitz Tito M, Capella JL, Sandoval M, Hyman G, Castro A, Marin JA y Barona E. 2010. ICRAF Working Paper No. 110. ASB - World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF). Lima, Peru. [English and Spanish]
- The Conditions for Functional Mechanisms of Compensation and Reward for Environmental Services. Swallow B, B Leimona, T Yatich, SJ Velarde. 2010. _Ecology and Society. _
- Environmental Services and the Precautionary Principle: Using Scenarios to Reconcile Conservation and Livelihood Objectives in Upper Catchments. German L, G Villamor, E Twine, S J Velarde, B Kidane. 2009. Journal of Sustainable Forestry, 28:1-24.
- Integrative science in practice: Process perspectives from ASB, the Partnership for the Tropical Forest Margins. Tomich TP, D Timmer, SJ Velarde, JC Alegre, V Areskoug, D Cash, A Cattaneo, P Ericksen, L Joshi, J Kasyoki, C Legg, M Locatelli, D Murdiyarso, C Palm, R Porro, A Rescia Perazzo, A Salazar-Vega, M van Noordwijk, S Weise and D White, 2007. Agriculture Ecosystems and Environment, 121 (3): 269-286.
- Valuing the impacts of climate change on protected areas in Africa. Velarde SJ, Y Malhi, D Moran, J Wright and S Hussain, 2005_. Ecological Economics_ 53 (1): 21-33.
Scholarships and fellowships
Energy Transformed Scholarship (CSIRO) for living expenses Special one-off grant for first year tuition.
- August 2010 - present: Crawford School, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Tutor for Environmental Communications
- July 2009 - May 2010: World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF)/ASB-Partnership for the Tropical Forest Margins, **Resea
Crawford School of Public Policy
ANU College of Asia & the Pacific
J.G. Crawford Building No. 132
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia