Zheng (Annie) Wei is an economist specialised in economic development and growth. She conducts research mainly in four areas, including economic implications of demographic change, the role of sectoral change during economic transition, the impact of rural-urban labour migration on dualistic economic development, and the effect of human capital accumulation on productivity growth. Annie’s current research interest focuses on China’s economic development. She has published in internationally peer-reviewed journals using the data from China.
Academic Awards and Distinctions
- 2008, Best PhD paper awarded by the Chinese Economist Association (UK), Cambridge, U.K.
- 2008, Chow Best Paper Honourable Mention awarded by the Chinese Economist Society, Tianjin, China.
- Demographic Change and Economic Growth
- Dualistic Economic Development and Internal Labour Migration
- Economic Transition and Sectoral Change
- Human Capital Accumulation and Productivity Growth
- The Chinese Economy