Recent staff publications
Associate Professor Ippei Fujiwara (Acting Executive Director)
- Fujiwara, I, & Ueda, K, 2013. ‘The fiscal multiplier and spillover in a global liquidity trap’, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Vol. 37/7, 1264-1283.
- Fujiwara, I, Körber,L.M & Nagakura,D, 2013. Asymmetry in government bond returns, Journal of Banking & Finance, Vol. 37/8, 3218-3226.
- Fujiwara, I, 2013. Financial Markets Forecasts Revisited: Are They Rational, Stubborn or Jumpy? (with Hibiki Ichiue, Yoshiyuki Nakazono and Yosuke Shigemi) Economics Letters, 118/3, 526-530.
- Fujiwara, I, 2011. Can News be a Major Source of Aggregate Fluctuations? A Bayesian DSGE Approach. (with Yasuo Hirose and Mototsugu Shintani), Journal of Money, Credit and Banking 43/1, 1-29.
- Fujiwara, I, 2010. A Note on Growth Expectation. Macroeconomic Dynamics 14/2, 242-256.
- Fujiwara, I, 2010. The Zero Lower Bound and Monetary Policy in a Global Economy: A Simple Analytical Investigation. (with Nao Sudo and Yuki Teranishi), International Journal of Central Banking 6/1, 103-134.
- Fujiwara, I, 2008. A Dynamic New Keynesian Life-Cycle Model: Societal Aging, Demographics, and Monetary Policy,(with Yuki Teranishi), Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 32/8, 2398-2427.
- Fujiwara, I, 2007. Japanese Monetary Policy during the Collapse of the Bubble Economy: A View from Policy-Making under Uncertainty, (with Naoko Hara, Naohisa Hirakata, Takeshi Kimura, and Shinichiro Watanabe), Monetary and Economic Studies, 25/2, 89-128.
Kazuki Onji (Lecturer)
- Onji, K, Capital Injection, Restructuring Targets and Personnel Management: The Case of Japanese Regional Banks. Journal of Japanese and International Economics, forthcoming. (with David Vera and Jenny Corbett.)
- Onji, K, 2012. Preestablished Harmony: The Japanese Government’s Demand for Japanese Government Bonds. (with Keido Kameda and Nobuo Akai), Japan and the World Economy, 24/3, 207-214.
- Onji, K, 2011. Procastination, Prompts, and Preferences: Evidence from Daily Records of Self-directed Learning Activities, (with Rina Kikuchi), Journal of Socio-Economics, 40/6, 929-941.
- Onji, K, 2010. Tax Law Asymmetries and Income Shifting: Evidence from Japanese Capital. (with David Vera), Keiretsu, B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy (Advances), 10/1.
- Onji, K, 2009. The Response of Firms to Eligibility Thresholds: Evidence from the Japanese Value-Added Tax , Journal of Public Economics, 93/5-6, 766-775.
Ying Xu (Post-doctorate Research Fellow)
- Xu, Y, 2012. How does financial system efficiency affect the growth impact of FDI in China? Evidence from provincial data 1999-2006, China Finance Review International, 2/4, 406 – 428.
- Xu, Y, 2011. Towards a more accurate measure of foreign bank entry and its impact on domestic banking performance: The case of China, Journal of Banking & Finance, 35, 886-901.
- Xu, Y, forthcoming. The rise of Asian-Owned foreign banks and the implications for credit stability in Asia, in J. Corbett and Y. Xu eds. Rebalancing Economies in Financially Integrating East Asia, Routledge-ERIA studies in Development Economics
- Xu, Y, 2011. Foreign strategic investment and banking efficiency in China in L Xu ed., China’s Economy in the Post-WTO Environment: Stock Markets, FDI and Challenges of Sustainability, Edward Elgar, 114-141.
- Xu, Y, forthcoming. Rebalancing Economies in Financially Integrating East Asia, with Jenny Corbett, Routledge-ERIA studies in Development Economics.
Luke Meehan (PhD Candidate)
- Meehan, L, 2011. Business-Cycle Transmission Mechanism in ASEAN+3: Financial integration or trade? (with Adil Miankhel and Kali Kalijaran) in J Corbett and Y Xu eds, Achieving Sustainable Growth in East Asia. ERIA Research Project Report 2000/28, 274-304.