To participate in the Congressional Research Fellowship Program, an applicant must be a current Group of Eight Universities honours or postgraduate student or be a former Group of Eight honours or postgraduate student graduated after December 2016.
- Have a strong interest in international relations, particularly Asia-Pacific political, security or economic affairs;
- Have or had at least a Distinction average in their undergraduate and/or current studies;
- Be able to meet criteria for a US (J-1) visa (refer to website http://canberra.usembassy.gov/exch_visitor_visa.html for more information);
- Hold a Australian passport that has at least 6 months validity;
- Be an Australian citizen, and
- Be fluent in English.