Overseas Student Health Cover - OSHC
It is a condition of an Australian student visa that the student holds valid overseas student health cover (OSHC) for the entire duration of their study in Australia. OSHC is a private health care arrangement which helps cover the costs of medical treatments should you get sick or have an accident.
The Allianz OSHC website is the best place to get information about OSHC matters. Please visit the link first if you have any questions about your account.
If you require assistance with your Allianz Global Assistance OSHC policy, please visit our Client Service Representative at ANU Student Central, 121 Marcus Clarke Street, or contact Allianz at email@example.com.
The ANU Counselling Centre promotes, supports and enhances mental health and wellbeing within the University student community. ANU Counselling Centre is a free, confidential and non-diagnostic service available to all currently enrolled ANU students. No referral or Mental Health Treatment Plan from a General Practitioner is required to attend appointments. The Centre also provides group programs for common issues, public seminars, and a paired walking program called ‘Get Up and Go’.
Check out The Desk, a free online program providing Australian tertiary students with strategies and skills for success and wellbeing.
ANU has a fully accredited primary health care facility to provide you with comprehensive health services. Both male and female General Practitioners and Registered Nurses are available for health advice and assistance.
The University has a range of resources available that cover common topics of interest to students such as homesickness, issues with study, relationships and mental health.
Violence & sexual assault support
The University strives to provide a safe, supportive and caring environment. Our commitments include:
- At ANU we believe that all students have a right to feel safe and secure at all times. We believe that students should be able to fully participate in all aspects of life on campus.
- We have an obligation to provide a safe environment for all students and staff.
- We believe that unwanted sexual attention including harassment, stalking and assault can prevent a student from taking part in activities and involvement in the life of the University.
- We will support students who report sexual harassment or sexual assault including facilitating access to relevant counselling, medical, police or legal services.
- We will do everything we can to ensure the safety of any student who reports sexual harassment or sexual assault.
ANU offers spiritual support for all students, staff and visitors seeking pastoral care and referrals on a confidential basis. It is a place to be yourself, a place to chat. We promote and support action for justice, peace and the integrity of creation, with no discrimination in respect of racial and/or ethnic background.
Access and inclusion
Access & Inclusion is an educative hub on practices inclusive of disability within The Australian National University community.
We assist students who have a disability, medical condition or who are recognised primary carers of a person with a disability to participate fully in their program of study by providing advice, supports and adjustments that minimise the impact of disability in education.
We aim to:
- Raise awareness and understanding of disability issues with students and staff.
- Enable students with disability to participate fully in University life.
- Be at the forefront of disability services provision in higher education by using evidence-based practice that leverages the University’s strength as one of Australia’s leading universities.