Date & time
The annual China Update is Australia’s premier forum for debate, discussion and analysis of the Chinese economy.
This year’s Update will address the following topics: reform for long-term growth and development; China’s industrialisation; China’s energy policy challenges and climate change practices; and the short term effects of China’s reform agenda.
The 2014 China Update will coincide with the launch of Deepening Reform for China’s Long-Term Growth and Development, edited by Ross Garnaut, Cai Fang and Ligang Song. The book is published by ANU Press with the Chinese Social Sciences Academic Press publishing the Chinese language version.
Speakers at this year’s Update include:
- Professor Ian Young AO Vice-Chancellor, The Australian National University
- Professor Ross Garnaut The Australian National University and The University of Melbourne
- Professor Peter Drysdale AM Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University
- Professor Yang Yao Dean, National School of Development, Peking university
- Professor Yiping Huang Peking University and The Australian National University
- Professor Wing Thye Woo University of California, Davis
- Andrew Harding CEO, Rio Tinto
- Stephen Wilson General Manager, Rio Tinto Energy
- Dr Ivan Roberts Senior Representative, Reserve Bank of Australia
- Professor He Fan Chinese Academy of Social Sciences
- Dr Xiaolu Wang National Economic Research Institute, China
- Professor Tao Ran Renmin University
- Professor Rod Tyers The University of Western Australia
Plus many more prominent speakers.
The China Update 2014 is presented by the China Economy Program in Crawford School of Public Policy, at The Australian National University, in collaboration with the Rio Tinto-ANU China Partnership.
Conference program can be viewed at https://crawford.anu.edu.au/sites/default/files/events/attachments/2014-...