Date & time
This public forum is part of the 38th Pacfic Trade and Development (PAFTAD) Conference: Asian Economic Integration Strategies, being hosted by the East Asia Bureau of Economic Research, The Australian National University.
Two top panels will discuss the future of global trade and regional and global economic institutions in the context of post US election tensions, Brexit and conflict in the Middle East. Is Asia the bright light to the global gloom or are there looming problems in our region too? Can ASEAN fill the regional leadership vacuum? What is the fallout from China’s upcoming leadership handover? And are mega-regional arrangements a way forward for Asian integration?
- Professor David Vines, Oxford University
- Professor Gary Banks, Chief Executive and Dean of the Australia–New Zealand School of Government
- Dr Muhamad Chatib Basri, former Indonesian Finance Minister
- Professor Mari Pangestu, former Indonesian Trade Minister
- Professor Gordon Flake, Director of the US-Asia Centre
- Professor Peter Drysdale, The Australian National University
- Professor Wendy Dobson, University of Toronto
- Dr Zaw Oo, Myanmar Centre for Economic and Social Development
Registration is essential.