Papers available: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Grant_Walton
• Walton, G.W. (2018) Anti-corruption and its discontents: local, national and international perspectives on corruption in Papua New Guinea. New York: Routledge Publishing
• Walton, G.W. (forthcoming) Fee-free Education, Decentralisation and the Politics of Scale in Papua New Guinea. Journal of Education Policy.http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02680939.2017.1422027
• Clarke, L and Walton, GW (2018) Drivers of Electoral and Institutional Money Politics in Papua New Guinea. The Australian Journal of Asian Law (Special issue on money politics). 18, 2: 1-13
• Walton, G.W and Pieffer, C. (2017) The impacts of education and institutional trust on citizens’ willingness to report corruption: Lessons from Papua New Guinea, Australian Journal of Political Science. 52, 4: 517-536.
• Walton, G.W. (2016) Gramsci’s Activists: How local civil society is shaped by the anti-corruption industry, political society and trans-local encounters. Political Geography. 53, 1: 10-19.
• Walton, G.W. (2016) Silent Screams and Muffled Cries: The ineffectiveness of anti-corruption measures in Papua New Guinea, Asian Education and Development Studies Journal. 5, 2: 211 – 226.
• Walton, G.W (2015). Defining Corruption Where the State is Weak: The Case of Papua New Guinea. Journal of Development Studies. 51, 1: 15-31.
• Walton, G.W (2013) Is all Corruption Dysfunctional? Perceptions of Corruption and its Consequences in Papua New Guinea. Public Administration and Development. 33, 1: 175-190.
• Walton, G.W (2013) The Limitations of Neoliberal Logic in the Anti-corruption Industry: Lessons from Papua New Guinea. Crime, Law and Social Change. 60, 2: 147-164
• Walton, G.W (2013). An Argument for Reframing Debates about Corruption: Insights from Papua New Guinea. Asia Pacific Viewpoint 54, 1: 61–76.
• Walton, G.W and Barnett, J. (2008) The Ambiguities of ‘Environmental’ Conflict: Insights From the Tolukuma Gold Mine, Papua New Guinea. Society and Natural Resources. 21, 1: 1-16.
• Walton, G.W. and Dinnen, S (forthcoming) The Dark Side of Economic Globalisation: Politics, Organized Crime and Corruption. In Organised crime and Politics, Allum, Felia and Gilmour, Stan (eds). Edward Elgar Publishers.
• Walton, G.W. (2018) Korapsen (Papua New Guinea). In The Global Encyclopaedia of Informality, Volume 1, Ledeneva, Alena (ed). University College London. London: 187-190.
• Walton, G.W. (2017) The politics of Australian anticorruption policy to Papua New Guinea. In The Changing Face of Corruption in the Asia-Pacific: Current Perspectives and Future Challenges Eds. Dela Rama, M and Rowley, C. Oxford: Elsevier.
• Walton, G.W. (2011) The Rise of Economic Discourse: Corruption and Anti-Corruption in the Development Industry. In: Dahiya, S. B., Chakravarty, K., Rathee, N. & Lamba, S. V. (eds) Governance Issues and Corruption. Rohtak, India: Intellectual Foundation (India): 155-172.
• Walton, G.W. (2009) Rifling Through Corruption’s Baggage: Understanding Corruption Through Discourse Analysis. In: Dobashi, M., Hooker, J. and Madsen, P. (eds) A Survey of International Corporate Responsibility. International Corporate Responsibility Series: Volume 4. Charlottesville: Philosophy Documentation Centre: 179-190.
Refereed Discussion Papers
• Walton, GW, Davda, T. and Kanaparo, P (2017) The Challenges of Providing Free Education in Papua New Guinea. (31 July) Development Policy Centre Discussion Paper 61.
• Walton, GW and Hushang, H (2017) Promises, promises: A decade of allocations for and spending on Anti-Corruption in Papua New Guinea. (17 July) Development Policy Centre and Developmental Leadership Program Discussion Paper No. 60.
• Walton, G.W. and Jones, A (2017) The Geographies of Collective Action, Principal-Agent Theory and Potential Corruption in Papua New Guinea (28 June). Development Policy Centre Discussion Paper No. 58.
• Walton, G.W. & Dinnen, S (2016) The Dark Side of Economic Globalisation: Politics, Organised Crime and Corruption in the Pacific (5 October). Development Policy Centre Discussion Paper 48.
• Walton, G.W & Peiffer, C (2015). The Limitations of Education for Addressing Corruption: Lessons from Attitudes Towards Reporting in Papua New Guinea (1 June). Crawford School Development Policy Centre Discussion Paper 39.
• Walton, G.W (2010). A Comparison of two Papua New Guinean Anti-Corruption Agencies and their Politics. The University of Melbourne Working Papers in Development, 3/2010.
• Walton, G.W. (2017) Julius Chan. (2016) Playing the Game: life and politics in Papua New Guinea, The Journal of Pacific History 52, 1:129–130.
• Walton, G.W (2009) Johann Graf Lambsdorff. (2007) The Institutional Economics of Corruption and Reform: Theory, Evidence and Policy, Journal of Economic Issues 43, 4: 1083-1085.
• Walton, G.W (2009) Thomas, A. and Mohan, G. (2007) Research Skills for Policy and Development: How to Find out Fast, Progress in Development Studies 9, 2: 167-168.
• Boussails, C., Coan T, Peiffer, C and Walton, GW (2018) Trends in complaints to the Fiji ICAC, 2007 – 2014, June. Fiji ICAC.
• Dinnen, S and Walton GW (2016) Politics, Organised Crime and Corruption in the Pacific, SSGM In Brief 2016.24
• Howes, S, Mako, AM, Swan, A, Walton, GW, Webster, T and Wiltshire, C (2014), A lost decade? Service delivery and reforms in Papua New Guinea 2002 – 2012, The National Research Institute and the Development Policy Centre, Canberra.
• Howes, S, Mako, AM, Swan, A, Walton, GW, Webster, T, and Wiltshire, C. (2014) A Lost Decade? Service Delivery and Reforms in Papua New Guinea 2002-2012. Spotlight with NRI, Vol. 7, no. 2.
• Walton, GW and Dix S. (2013) Papua New Guinean Understandings of Corruption: Insights from a Nine Province Survey. Port Moresby: Transparency International PNG.
• Dix, S., Hussmann, K. and Walton, G.W (2012) Risks of Corruption to State Legitimacy and Stability in Fragile Situations. U4 Anti-Corruption Resource Centre, Tiri and The UK Department for International Development.
• Walton, G.W (2011) Understanding Corruption Survey: Interim Report on Findings. Port Moresby: Transparency International PNG.
• Walton, G.W (2009) Rural People’s Perceptions of Corruption in Papua New Guinea. Port Moresby: Transparency International PNG.
• ActionAid Afghanistan (2006) Governance Systems in Rural Afghanistan. April. Kabul: Action Aid Afghanistan.
• ActionAid Afghanistan (2005) Social Protection Systems in Rural Afghanistan. April. Kabul: Action Aid Afghanistan.