Nishith is a faculty member at Bangladesh Agricultural University. Nishith has submitted her PhD thesis from the Crawford School of Public Policy at the Australian National University. Her PhD project focuses on gendered food security in rural Bangladesh. She particularly focuses on agrarian class relations, gendered farming relations and food security. She published in the areas of gender and development and the adoption of improved farm practices by farmers.
- Farid, K. S., Tanny, N. Z. and Rahman, M. W. (2019). Determinants of drought risk coping mechanisms among the farmers of Northern region of Bangladesh. Journal of the Bangladesh Agricultural University, 17(1), 58-64.
- Tanny, N. Z., Rahman, M. W. and Ali, R. N. (2017). Climate-induced Gender Vulnerabilities in Northwestern Bangladesh. Indian Journal of Gender Studies, 24 (3), 1-13.
- Ahad, M. A., Chowdhury, M., Kundu, I., Tanny, N. Z. and Rahman, M. W. (2017). Causes of Drug Addiction among Youth in Sylhet City of Bangladesh. IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 22 (5), Ver. 7, 27-31.
- Tanny, N. Z. and Rahman, M. W. (2016). Climate Change Vulnerabilities of Woman in Bangladesh. The Agriculturist, 14 (2), 113-123.
- Farid, K. S., Tanny N. Z. and Sarma, P. K. (2015). Factors Affecting Adoption of Improved Farm Practices by the Farmers of Northern Bangladesh. Journal of Bangladesh Agricultural University, 13(2), 291–298.
Rahman, M. Wakilur and Islam, M. Serajul and Hassan, Lutful and Tanny, Nishith Zahan and Parvin, Lovely and Bohn, Andrea (2017). Bangladesh: Extension, Gender and Nutrition Landscape Analysis.
Rahman, M. Wakilur and Tanny, Nishith Zahan and Islam, M. Serajul (2017). Piloting the FAO Gender and Rural Advisory Services Assessment Tool in Bangladesh, Component: Enabling Environment.
Scholarships and fellowships
ANU HDR Fee Merit Scholarship and University Research Scholarship (2018)
National Science and Technology Fellowship of the Ministry of Science and Technology(2014-15), Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
Assistant Professor (16/02/2017-present), Department of Rural Sociology, Bangladesh Agricultural University
Lecturer (16/02/2015-15/02/2017), Department of Rural Sociology, Bangladesh Agricultural University
Crawford School of Public Policy
ANU College of Asia & the Pacific
J.G. Crawford Building No. 132
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 2601 Australia