Honorary Associate Professor of Economics
MCom (UNSW), MA , PhD (Johns Hopkins)
Phone: +61 2 6125 2262
Room: Stanner 2.31
Suiwah Edna LEUNG is an Honorary Associate Professor at the ANU Crawford School of Public Policy. She previously held different academic and directorial appointments at the ANU. She is an expert in Vietnam economy and Asia Pacific region. She also conducted various consultancies in economic and policy for Australian and Vietnamese governments.
Dr. Leung consulted regularly with AusAID, the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research, the UN Development Program, and the Vietnamese government on macroeconomic and economic development issues. Between 2004 and 2008, Dr Leung held the post of Education Director at the Crawford School of Public Policy.
Honours and Awards
2017 Awarded the “Friendship Medal” by the President of Vietnam for contribution to the economy and its people
- 2011 Medal from Government of Vietnam for ‘Advancement of Vietnam’s Education Cause”
2007 Nominated by the ANU for National (Carrick) Award for excellence in graduate teaching
- 1999 Director of the Economics of Development program at NCDS/ANU in receipt of Australian Government Award for Service to International Students
Dr. Leung has supervised 14 PhD student theses to successful completion. Her current supervision load includes research on regional production network in Asia, remittances and financial flows in Vietnam, and social security policy in Vietnam.
- International capital flows, exchange rates and monetary policy in the Asia Pacific region;
- Macroeconomic stabilization and financial sector reform in transitional economies of Asia, in particular, Vietnam;
- Role of the State and public policy making in Vietnam;
- International graduate education in Australia and the Asia-Pacific.
Updated: 29 March 2023/Responsible Officer: Crawford Engagement/Page Contact: CAP Web Team