Asia-Pacific Environment Monographs (APEM)
The monographs listed below have either been co-published by the RE&D Program, or have been co-authored or co-edited by RE&D Program staff and visitors. All listed titles are available from the RE&D Program Administrator, Room 5016 in the Coombs Building on Fellows Road. For further information, contact email@example.com
Since 2006, ANU Press has published the RE&D monographs as titles in the Asia-Pacific Environment Monographs series. These publications are available electronically as free download formats as well as for purchase through a Print-on-Demand service from ANU Press.
- Ahmad Kusworo (Editor)
Pursuing Livelihoods, Imagining Development
- Dedi Supriadi Adhuri (Editor)
Selling the Sea, Fishing for Power
- Kuntala Lahiri-Dutt (Editor)
Gendering the Field: Towards Sustainable Livelihoods for Mining Communities
- Nicholas A. Bainton
Lihir Destiny: Cultural Responses to Mining in Melanesia
- Porer Nombo and James Leach
Reite Plants: An Ethnobotanical Study in Tok Pisin and English
- James F. Weiner and Katie Glaskin (Editors)
Customary Land Tenure and Registration in Australia and Papua New Guinea: Anthropological Perspectives.
- Natasha Stacey
Boats to Burn: Bajo Fishing Activity in the Australian Fishing Zone.
- Fadzilah Majid Cooke (Editor)
State, Communities and Forests in Contemporary Borneo.
- Frances J. Seymour and Navroz K. Dubash, with Jake Brunner, François Ekoko, Colin Filer, Hariadi Kartodihardjo and John Mugabe (Editors)
The Right Conditions: The World Bank, Structural Adjustment, and Forest Policy Reform.
- Colin Filer with Navroz K. Dubash and Kilyali Kalit
The Thin Green Line: World Bank Leverage and Forest Policy Reform in Papua New Guinea.
- Colin Filer, David Henton and Richard Jackson
Landowner Compensation in Papua New Guinea's Mining and Petroleum Sectors.
- Colin Filer
Dilemmas of Development: The Social and Economic Impact of the Porgera Gold Mine, 1989-1994.
- Fadzilah Majid Cooke
The Challenge of Sustainable Forests: Forest Resource Policy in Malaysia, 1970-1995.
- Colin Filer and Nikhil Sekhran
Loggers, Donors and Resource Owners (in Papua New Guinea).
- Glenn Banks and Chris Ballard
The Ok Tedi Settlement: Issues, Outcomes and Implications.
- Peter Larmour
The Governance of Common Property in the Pacific Region.
- Susan Toft
Compensation for Resource Development in Papua New Guinea.
- Colin Filer
The Political Economy of Forest Management in Papua New Guinea.
- Donald Denoon, Chris Ballard, Glenn Banks and Peter Hancock
Mining and Mineral Resource Policy Issues in Asia-Pacific: Prospects for the 21st Century.
- W.C. Clarke and R.R. Thaman
Agroforestry in the Pacific Islands: Systems for Sustainability.