Dr John Hewson is a former leader of the Liberal Party and Chair in the Crawford School Tax and Transfer Policy Institute.
You might also like
Related research centres
Crawford academic staff Professor John Hewson AM and David Stanton AM are among six ANU academics will be inducted into the Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia for their distinguished contributions to their disciplines and to society.
The academics, whose expertise spans history, the environment, psychology and policy, were elected as Fellows of the Academy for substantially advancing research knowledge in their fields of endeavour.
Those elected from ANU are:
- Professor Xuemei Bai, Fenner School of Environment and Society
- Professor Frank Bongiorno, School of History
- Professor Nicholas Brown, School of History
- Professor John Hewson AM, Tax and Transfer Policy Institute, Crawford School of Public Policy
- Professor Elinor McKone, Research School of Psychology
- Honorary Associate Professor David Stanton AM, Social Policy Institute, Crawford School of Public Policy
“We are delighted to see these six members of the ANU community recognised for their significant contributions to their fields,” ANU Vice Chancellor Brian Schmidt said.
“Social sciences have an immense impact on our society in tangible and enduring ways. “The diversity of experience represented in these six new Fellows is testament to the depth and range of our academic community.
“Their contributions have helped shape our nation.”
The newly-elected Fellows will be formally inducted at the Academy’s General Meeting and Annual Symposium in Adelaide from 18-20 October 2017.