Enhance your leadership and management capabilities with a degree in public administration from ANU Crawford School of Public Policy.
- Degree designed for future leaders and managers of public organisation in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors
- Complete in one to two years full time, depending on credit
- Understand the complexities and challenges of facilitating public action
- Disciplinary and interdisciplinary perspectives on public administration
This degree is an effective way to jumpstart your leadership and management career in public administration. Taught by internationally-renowned researchers and teachers, you will learn essential skills in program implementation and public management that can be applied within and across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
With a focus on key disciplinary and interdisciplinary perspectives on public administration, management and governance – clustered in terms of people and finance, law and regulation, policy systems, and international governance – you will develop an in-depth understanding of the complexities of organising public action.
By integrating theory and practice, you will gain high-level skills that are flexible and transferable from one agency/ministry to another. As a graduate, you will be valued for your ability to foster debate and provide comparative insights to address the dynamics of continuity and change in government and governance.
- Economic Policy
- International Politics
- Political Economy
- Political Sciences
- Project Management
To find out more, contact us at email@example.com today.
The MPA degree offers a set of core compulsory courses combined with a range of electives so that you can design a degree program that best suits your career and educational goals.
Courses can be combined based on your professional focus. Below are sample models for each professional focus:
Government institutions and processes
Law and regulation
Public sector finance
Economic policy and management
Environment and agriculture
International governance and policy
POGO8001 International Dimensions of Public Administration
POGO8029 Health Policy in a Globalising World
POGO8044 Global Social Policy
POGO8115 Challenging the Global Food Trading Regime
POGO8213 The Global Trading System
EMDV8079 International Water Politics
1-2 years full time depending on credit
- A bachelor’s degree or international equivalent with minimum GPA 5/7, with work experience in a public sector or related environment;
- Applicants with a bachelor’s degree or Graduate Certificate in a cognate discipline may be eligible for 24 units (one semester) of credit;
- Applicants with a Graduate Diploma or Honours in a cognate discipline may be eligible for 48 units (one year) of credit.
If you have prior study in one of the following cognate disciplines, you may be eligible for credit towards your degree:
Economic Policy, Economics, Law, International Politics, Political Economy, Political Sciences, Project Management, Sociology
Scholarships and fees
Costs associated with your study at ANU will depend on a number of things, including your study program and whether you’re a national or international student.
Scholarships and support
Scholarship opportunities are available for national and international students.